Friday, June 5, 2009

The Apron Goal for Now

I just received an email from Cpt. Lanning. She has seen the apron photograph and is so excited to show the woman who heads up the Women's Center. She thinks the first goal of 50 aprons will be a wonderful start. If any more aprons are received, they will be stored at the center ready for the next group of "students" when the vocational school opens later this year. Of course, there can't be enough baby blankets and small quilts for their next winter season.

I have also included her direct mailing address so you may send your items directly to her, thus avoiding a double mailing to me then overseas. She wanted me to be sure to let all of you know how grateful she is, and how excited she is to be able to present these to the Afghani women. I will send you her exact words on a post shortly. Tammy said that "anything" will be so appreciated as many of these women still live in mud houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment