Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Full Speed Ahead on Aprons!

I just heard from Cpt. Tammy regarding the aprons. The cooking classes are quite a success, and they will start scheduling them about every 2-3 weeks. Each class has around 20 students, and I have asked for the women to keep their apron after their class has finished.

I'm working on Christmas quilts and have some cool ties to make at the same time working on batches of aprons. The word is: more aprons are needed! Let me know if you would like to make any, or if you have an extra yard and a half of fabric to donate. The Afghan women are totally thrilled with what we're doing here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Suz! A friend of mine sent me a link to your blog... I am so sorry for your loss...

    As for what you're doing now: BLESS YOU!!! I truly love your passion! You are a great American!

    Yes, I would love to make aprons and baby blankets! I've made simple flannel baby blankets for the orphans in Zambia. Our church has a medical mission in Zambia every year! So what's with making a few more baby blankets to be sent to Afghanistan, right?

    I've never "posted" to a blog before! This is a first! So, please let me know how I can help you with making aprons and blankets. Do I send them to you or to Capt Tammy? I have several apron patterns, what size? Probably all sizes! How big are the baby blankets? Is flannel ok? I purchase flannel when there's a big sale at JoAnn Fabrics.

    I will also see if my friends want to do this too! We used to get together and sew/quilt/eat! We could start that up again, even if each person only made one apron, it's a step in the right direction!

    God bless you! Keep up your enthusiasm!

    Peggy Judkins, IL
    peggyjudkins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete